Ke Aloha Ho’okahi Preschool
Ke Aloha Ho’okahi Preschool is an outreach ministry of One Love Ministries, a Calvary Chapel affiliate. Our mission is to provide working families a high quality, affordable and Christian preschool education. We envision our school being an extension of your home and family, a place of community, fun and friendship.
Ke Aloha Ho’okahi Preschool was founded in 2011 within One Love Ministries, which originally began in 1998 as Calvary Chapel Moloka’I, led by Pastor Waxer Tipton. In 2004, Pastor Waxer and his wife Cindy relocated to Oahu and started One Love Ministries. The mission and heart was to reach out to the community, and what once started with just a few college students has grown to a congregation of over 600 on a Sunday morning. Because of the rapid growth, the pastoral team started their search for a space to accommodate the church’s needs. Upon hearing the Voyager Charter School was vacating their space in the Coral Commercial Center, the team was inspired to start a preschool. It was the perfect opportunity to serve the community, especially for working families in the downtown area, to provide a nurturing and safe environment for their children.
Our philosophy is to ensure a loving, safe, creative environment for young children, allowing them to develop age-appropriate social, interpersonal, and individual skills. KAHP seeks to nurture and encourage these qualities through a solid Bible-based curriculum. We are committed to developing their moral conscience to be accountable to God, their Creator first, to the adults that care for them, and to each other.
Located on the south shore of Oahu, the Kaka’ako community has become a residential gateway to both the central downtown business area as well as Waikiki. KAHP seeks to function as a childcare facility that brings peace of mind to the working parents of our busy metropolitan area, where parents can drive into work with their children, allowing for more quality family time, and work in close proximity to them as well.
One Love Ministries is affiliated with Calvary Chapel. The church is conservative in theology, and evangelical in spirit. The following is a statement of fundamental beliefs:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, in His miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrections, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return to power and in glory.
4. We believe that all peoples without God’s forgiveness are lost and sinful and must be saved and that humanity’s only hope of redemption is through the atoning death (the shed blood) of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.